My, my, my - the Soup Lady has certainly been busy with other things besides soup. So busy that my little Joy Of Soup has quite fallen apart, hasn't it? Oh, the places I've been and the soup I've had!
- White Chili Queso in Jillian's sports Bar in Minneapolis -popcorn afloat on top of it - abomination!
- Tom Ka Guy in north Berkeley - whole button mushrooms bobbing about in coconut milk broth,
served just the way I like it from a large tureen at the table.
- Cheesy Cream of Spinach Soup in a dark basement cafe in Bucks County. Divinity itself.
- Vicchyssoise - served chilled over a sterling silver icer in a former brothel in Florida. The.Very. Best. Ever.
- Italian wedding Soup at an actual Italian wedding in Philadelphia - trucked in by the bride's relatives. It
doesn't get any better than that.
- Pasta e Fagioli made with pancetta right here in my own kitchen! An all around success except with those who rebuke pig in any shape or form (50% of the Panel of Judges. I should have known better!)
So many opportunities to promote soup gone by. Well, not to worry, dears. The weather has turned chilly and everyone will be looking for soup. The Soup Lady will be here for you once again.