Without question, the most touching moment in last night's address was when the leader of the free (ride) world quoted a touching letter from deceased lion, Ted Kennedy:
Take one part maternity top, one part big top circus tent and add pleats, pleats, pleats. And don't forget the bow!
World Famous Fashion Icon and Busy Mom™ Michelle Obama, shows America her particular brand of personal style by accentuating her least flattering body parts: her awesome abdomen, her badonkulous butt and her thunder thighs.
Can I ask again who is dressing this woman? Granted, she's been packing on the pounds over the course of the summer but surely there was something just a bit more flattering hanging in the closet.
UPDATE: You know, I follow a lot of MOO fanblogs-they have the best pictures. Predictably, they stay true to form and are very complimentary to this ensemble. Keep this picture in mind as I repeat parts of comments made at one of them:
- Lovely squared!
- that broach was too cute.
- I saw her walk out this evening ,and sadly, instead of being excited about the address all I could think of was, 'I want that jacket!' The bow was just perfect, and the pleats in the back made it all the more lovely.
- I think we all just knew that Mrs. O could bring her own personality to the suit. She looks fabulous. Love that brooch, too. Two thumbs way up from me.
- I loved th color, but HATED the style. Its too darn conservative, and blah.
- Lovely color, matronly cut and fabric. (That's a compliment? - Ed.)
- Bows and Pleats oh my! A+ outifit!
- I guess she didn't want her arms or her outfit to outshine her husbands message.