This is a list of 7 things that you may not suspect about me:
1. I have very good muscle tone. No guffawing allowed from those who know me in real life. This is not just my opinion - hey, I was as surprised as anyone to hear this. My doctor said it to me today so it's a learned medical opinion. I could go on and tell you about my clear lung sounds and noticeable absence of an S4, but that would be just bragging.
2. I can produce an attractive and delicious meal out of almost any combination of ingredients or lack thereof. When I choose to. Mostly, I choose not to. I put in my time mothering and cleaning and cooking, but I don't see this as a life sentence. There has to be an end point. Now I'm strictly a hobbyist.
3. I have absently-mindedly run three red lights in the last 2 months. This isn't good. In fact, I am scaring myself.
4. My vibrato is very impressive. Too bad I can't carry a tune. God has blessed me and cursed me at the same time. I'm considering adding one of those cool little Audioblog buttons so you can hear for yourself.
5. Although my New Year's resolution for 2004 was to improve my handwriting, that only lasted as long as I kept up the daily practice. It's just as bad as ever now. When I try to recreate the lovely penmanship of my younger days even I can't make it out. I notice that when I change the angle to straight up and down, it is far more legible.
6. I have a secret name. Its a nickname for my real name and I never tell anyone that this is the name I prefer, but if anyone should accidentally use it when addressing me, I fall in love with them forever.
7. It is very very important to me that everybody likes me but I make it just as hard as I can to come be likable. It's not so simple - I start out by being everybody's little ray of sunshine and then slowly allow a little peep into the real me. When i see them start to look doubtful, then I either give it to them with both barrels or act as if butter wouldn't melt in my mouth, according to my whim. I do it for my own amusement. It's a character flaw.
Disclaimer: this is not a meme. In case it's not clear yet, I don't hold with memes. This is just my own little 7 Things, which I have been doing in one place or the other since 2001. Ask anybody.