Even the wicked get weary and so I'm taking a day off from scrutinizing World Famous Fashion Icon and Busy Mom Michelle Obama™. Don't be disappointed. I plan on making it up to you by sharing some things about myself that you might not be aware of.
Because you don't know me at all. You might think you know me, especially if you're a long time reader who can recite my favorite stories along with me whenever I repeat them. But you don't know everything there is to know. I'll start you off slowly because I don't want you all to faint when the truth comes out.
1. On Bagel Day at work, I use a plastic spoon to scoop up the falloffs (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion bits, salt, etc) from the bottom of the bagel bag and stick it to the cream cheese on my plain bagel to create a very deluxe morning snack. In this way, I am a food trend setter - a leader by example.
2. I have 4 plastic containers from Hot & Sour soup in my refrigerator right now and they each house half of a yellow onion. I am responsible for placing only one of them there , but I cannot shake the feeling that I am expected to be responsible for getting rid of them all.
5. I'm clean but I'm not a clean freak. Just a regular freak.
6. I don't mind scrubbing a dog's butt whenever the need arises. I don't go looking for trouble, though. I only do it if it becomes obvious that no one else will. Which is always.
7. As a teenager, I had my tealeaves read for $2 and the woman told me that 7 is my lucky number. It hasn't been particularly lucky or unlucky so far, but I still give it every chance to prove itself to me.