UPDATE: All hail the great pumpkin remedy! Wow - one meal of pumpkin/rice/boiled chicken and I see an improvement in the situation. Bonus: not only is the poop pumpkin colored, but it has a very nice pumpkin aroma as well.
- The dog can make a medium-sized rawhide "bone" disappear in one evening.
- The dog threw up large amounts of grass and strips of softened rawhide on Friday.
- We put lawn fertilizer down in the backyard on Saturday.
- Also on Saturday, the dog saw his chance when the back gate was opened just a crack, crossed the creek bed and was unaccounted for on the other side for several minutes before being captured.
- The dog has diarrhea.
- The dog might be clogged up with rawhide.
- The dog might have licked up some fertilizer.
- Who knows what happened while he was on his adventure?
- Poison Chinese dog food.
He's still perky and energetic, but not quite his usual maniac self so I don't think a trip to the vet is warranted. So I consulted the internet for dog diarrhea cures and came up with this assvice to make a mixture of white rice, boiled chicken and pumpkin. I trust the internet but I wouldn't be opposed to hearing some first hand experiences with this remedy.