I have a ticket for a 1:00pm flight to California today. Imagine my surprise when I came home from a hastily rescheduled Martini Club meeting last night to find a message that my meeting was changed and that I would not be going after all. It's ok because there are many benefits to staying in New Jersey in February:
- you don't have to paint your toenails if your feet are in snow boots
- no need for blusher due to naturally rosy cheeks induced by hometown temperature of 14º
- highly entertaining "vision challenge" of driving down the Parkway while sun glares off of white snow
- wearing a faux fur hat eliminates need to style or otherwise attend to hairdo
- reduced likelihood of having to show my underwire bra to TSA agents when attempting to board my own car
- Bill Gates released his malaria mosquitoes in CA, not NJ
I'm sure there are many more upsides to the cancellation of this trip. I'll have the next 10 days to experience them.