This is a list of 7 things that upset me when people try to foist them upon me:
1. Carpet Fresh Powder - does not deordorize, rather it stinks like hell, sometimes worse than the odor it is meant to combat.
2. Pine Oil Cleaner from the dollar store - it's got the smell but not the cleaning power of the excellent brand-name product known as Pine-Sol. the dollar store version lays there like a lox and is only good for pouring into the toilet when the doorbell rings to make your visitors think that you have been cleaning.
3. Lapel ribbons - get your agenda away from me. If you want to wear a ribbon, go right ahead but do not dare approach me holding out a ribbon and a hatpin. I will stick you and don't think I won't.
4. Standing ovations - I'll stand up only if I want to, not because everybody else is standing.
5. Fresh himpmight - I don't know what this is because I can't decipher my own handwriting on the notes I wrote down for this entry, but I'm sure it is something very irritating.
6. Syndicated national talk radio broadcasts - scrubbed of any regional identity in order to appeal to the biggest common denominator, can it really appeal to anybody who is actaully paying attention?
7. Any news about Madonna - she still reeks of her personally unsanitary past.