Wednesday 8/31- King of Prussia, PA
Thursday 9/1 - Monday 9/5- Wilkes-Barre PA
Tuesday 9/6 - Friday 9/9- Nashville TN
Blogging will be light if at all. Since my dial-up phone line was yanked out of the old house, the only blogging opportunity would be if I went visiting in Shickshinny (chances are good), new home of the painted deer.
For fans of the painted deer, you might be interested to learn that even though its presence looms large here, it is really quite petite. There was no corgi avaiable for size comparison on the day this photo was taken, but here it is next to a Springer Spaniel to give you an idea:
Other points of interest about the painted deer:
- It started out as part of a set. Its partner was a stand-up deer.
- THE OTHER DEER DIED Sadly, the stand-up deer crumbled and disolved from exposure to the harsh Wilkes-Barre winters.
- The painted deer once had a four-point rack of antlers. Now plastic geraniums fill the antler holes.
- Originally, it had litle white spots on its back. So its not a deer, its a fawn. A fawn with antlers.
- The new paint job includes an overlay of green glitter on the black nose and hooves. It sparkles in the sunshine.
- It is not a holiday deer. It is a year-round deer. It is a deer for all seasons.