Remember how optimistic I was back at the end of April when I was going around planting seeds and building contraptions for my morning glories to cover with rich foliage and brilliant blue blossoms?
They just didn't do too well this year. They suffered from a dearth of sunshine and a plethora of rain. I tired to kid myself along, but as the leaves turned yellow and the flowers stopped blooming, I knew that this was a fail for this year. Then whole vines started turning brown - leaves and buds - and I knew the jig was up.
During my regular Saturday morning flower maintainance rounds, I decided to put the thing out of its misery. I cut down the vertical part of the vines and strings and reached up to pull down what ever else I could. A good part of the horizontal structure remained waiting for a sweet young thing to come along with a ladder to take it down.
That was 3 days ago. Look at it today: